Recording music (Stemra)

Anyone who wants to record music on video or audio media needs permission for this from Stemra. This could include record companies, importers, broadcasters, producers of background music and advertising agencies. Organizations that produce promotional items in the form of video or audio media also pay a fee. The commercial interest is important when determining the level of the fee. This would involve the number of copies of a sound recording, the price and the distribution area.

Using the portal, it is possible to directly obtain a licence for recording music. Click here to go to the portal.