My license states “exploitation details”. What does this stand for?

“Exploitation details” refers to the details of your registered business address.

Can I end my license online through the portal?

Yes, all licenses that you have concluded online through the portal can also be ended through the portal. Please contact Buma/Stemra before ending other licenses that have not been concluded via the portal.

Do I also have to pay royalties if I use foreign music?

Yes. As a result of the so-called “reciprocal agreement” with sister societies, also foreign music authors receive remunerations from the Netherlands.